May 14th FREE: presentation and practice of TIGYoga (18.30-19.30). Limited Availability. Reserve your space with GoodYoga.
Change your Habits, Change your Life
2019 Weekly Course TIGYoga: Integrated Techniques Good Yoga
All that we are is a result of our habits. -Swami Vivekananda
The soul, like the body, accepts through practice whatever habit we wish to acquire. -Socrates
Most pain within the mind-body complex is due to:
Michelle Goodrick of GoodYoga has a BA in Psychology, MA in Sociology, was certified in Yamuna Body Rolling and has a 500hr YA certificate in Hatha Yoga with over 10 years of teaching experience. She believes that each individual is capable of changing harmful, limiting movement and breath patterns to produce new neuronal-muscular pathways that result in GREATER FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT IN BODY, BREATH AND MIND.
Michelle has taught GoodYoga classes, La Escuela de Espalda courses, TIGYoga workshops and Body Rolling for over five years in Seville. Now, Michelle and Norma Goodrick of CoreFocusWellness and Body Logic have collaborated to create the TIGYoga (Técnicas Integradas Good Yoga) Weekly Course to EDUCATE AND ADDRESS THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM AREAS observed in their clients and students.
This TIGYoga Weekly Course combines the most effective YBR routines and fundamental Yoga Asanas (Postures). Via observation, breath, conscious movement and weekly practice students learn to release and re-align the most common problem areas, transform harmful habits, increase breath awareness and enable themselves to both feel and see the results of their practice QUICKER than by Yoga alone.
Click on the link above to listen to testimonials of the power of TIGYoga
TIGYoga WEEKLY COURSE STRUCTURE:
Every class begins with the transformative work of Yamuna Body Rolling in order to:
- PREPARE and open the body from bone through the muscle and into fascia.
- ACTIVATE and strengthen bone.
- NOTICE movement chains from the feet up into the skull.
- CONNECT bone to movement, movement to breath and breath to mind.
Students will then practice the most fundamental Hatha Yoga postures with:
- SUPPORT and TRACTION provided by specially made Yoga chairs and ropes anchored to the wall (KURUNTA YOGA) to create space around target areas.
- ADAPTATION in each pose to address the level and experience of each student.
- STABILITY as students strengthen deep postural muscles.
- DECOMPRESSION and EXTENSION to the entire spinal column.
- INCREASED oxygen and lift to the INTERNAL ORGANS.
- TIME to relax and allow the entire mind-body complex to INTEGRATE the TIGYoga work.
As students become more knowledgeable, time will be allotted to address problem areas observed during their practice.
THE TIGYoga FOCUS:
- FEET: Our feet are the base of our posture. Problems in the feet result in problems all the way up the movement chain into the knees, hips and spine.
- HIPS: Restrictions in the hip joint can result in lower back pain, sciatica, knee issues, and reduced mobility through the spine. Those who sit for many hours or who practice impact sports will greatly benefit from this work.
- ILIAS-PSOAS & LOWER SPINE: Restrictions in this area can pull on the vertebrae of the lower spine as well as reduce movement and space throughout the entire digestive tract and reproductive organs. This is a HARD TO REACH AREA but NOT WITH TIGYoga. With specially designed balls and specific routines, students will feel an instant change in breath and spine alignment as this muscle is released.
- CORE STRENGTH & DECOMRESSION OF THE ENTIRE SPINE:Deep core strength is fundamental to stable, pain free movement. It is a common error to focus only on superficial strength (six pack abs) and/or doing exercises that compress the area of the abdominal muscles rather than strengthening them in extension. This compression results in lower back and neck pain. Students of this course will learn and practice how to STRENGTHEN THE DEEP CORE MUSCLESAND DECOMPRESS THE ENTIRE SPINE.
- NECK & SHOULDERS: 80%-90% of neck pain has its root in poor posture and shoulder restriction (link). Students of this TIGYoga Weekly Course will instantly notice a change in breath, neck and shoulder tension by practicing with the appropriate YBR ball and Hatha Yoga Asana.
The TIGYoga course is a course centered on supervised practice and repetition. The only thing that transforms harmful habits into healthy productive habits is practice. If you are ready to transform painful habits and live life with greater mobility, less pain, and more awareness. Contact Good Yoga and reserve your spot in the upcoming TIGYoga Weekly Course.
All reservations completed BEFORE May 16th receive a 15% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Weekly Course TIGYoga Options:
Tuesday & Thursday 18.00-20.00
TIGYoga Group Course 6 classes: 135€
TIGYoga Group Course 12 classes*: 219€
TIGYoga walk-in class: 25€
*Missed classes can be made up with attendance before July 1, 2019, when the course ends by attending any Good Yoga class or TIGYoga class
Looking for more personalized instruction?
The TIGYoga course has been created to address the needs of the majority, but GoodYoga understands that not everyone has the same needs and interests. If you are seeking more personalized instruction and guidance Good Yoga offers the following:
- Private TIGYoga class: 1 class (45€) pack of 4 classes (160€)*
- Private TIGYoga class + personalized routine in digital format: 60€
- Session with physical therapist Pilar Molina + Private TIGYoga class + personalized routine in digital format: 95€